WAR IN UKRAINE: Responses & Implications for Asia and the Pacific
Mar 17, Thursday at 09:30 am CET. 4.30 pm Manila
While calling for peace in Ukraine, this webinar focuses on the responses and implications in the Asia Pacific. It looks at how states, civil society and peace movements of Asia Pacific have reacted to this war. We will strategise on what role peace movements can play for sustainable and just peace.
– Asia Europe Peoples Forum
– International Peace Bureau
– Independent & Peaceful Australia
– Campaign for Peace, Disarmament and Common Security
– Anu Chenoy, AEPF Peace and Security cluster (India)
– Walden Bello, Laban ng Masa (Philippines)
– Reiner Braun, International Peace Bureau (Germany)
– Dr Sue Wareham, President of Medical Association for the Prevention of War (Australia)
– Joseph Gerson, Campaign for Peace, Disarmament & Common Security (USA)
– Wang Danning (China) TBC
Moderators: Corazon Valdez Fabros and Annette Brownlie
And in other news the plight of Julian Assange and all who believe in a free press is terrible.The case is now expected to be formally sent to British Home Secretary Priti Patel for approval, after which Assange can try to challenge the decision by judicial review. A judicial review involves a judge examining the legitimacy of a public body’s decision.The film Ithaca is the story of Julian’s family campaigning around the world to have the charges dropped and to free him from custody and will screen around Australia in the next month.
- Five Star Cinemas New Farm, Brisbane 11th April
- Drill Hall Theatre, Mullumbimby 12th April
- Dendy Newtown, Sydney 19th April with Ben Lawrence, Director.
- Dendy Canberra 20th April.
- Nova Cinema, Melbourne 21st April.
- Luna Lederville, Perth 24th April with Jen Robinson
- Coffs Harbour, NSW April 29 (not certain of date.)
For more information
Contacts are Leeanne and Louise.
They will send out a promo pack, info etc.