The monthly performance space hosted by Jumping Fences in the heart of Brisbane’s West End.
Performing this month: Baerg-Roeseli | Silken Thomas | Jumping Fences.
*PRICING CHANGES: After more than 11 years we regretfully need to increase our admission prices. We are facing an increase in costs, in particular hall rental. The new prices will be: Full $12 and Concession $8. We hope this increase won’t disadvantage anyone, and that you’ll agree it is still good value for money.
The Baerg-Roeseli Swiss Yodel and Folkloric group was formed in 1988 and had their first performance at Expo ’88. They perform a variety of traditional yodels, jutz’s and folksongs in Swiss German, French and Italian, and are frequently accompanied by accordeons and ‘kitchen and garden percussion’. Baerg-Roeseli performs regularly at Swiss National Day, festivals, concerts and private events. Last year they were featured on ABC Local Radio.
Silken Thomas Brian Brett, Ian Evans, Rose Broe and Robin Etter-Cleave perform toe-tapping folk music and ballads. Robin has a couple of magic flutes and some wicked whistles, Brian and Ian have guitars that gently weep, and Rose has her own trained accordion and the audacity to play it in public. Come along and enjoy the fun with these seasoned musicians.
With a unique fusion of Latin American and original songs, Jumping Fences create a sensitive insight into the daily struggles of people. The song-writing partnership of Sue Monk and Lachlan Hurse, with Ross Gwyther and James Harper, play arrangements that move easily between tenderness and energy, supporting lyrics that weave a rich fabric from the poetry of everyday life.
Welcome people from all directions. Click to write
Letters to the Editor
WBT does not reveal our sources. We do not hold shares or interests in corporations.
Banner image is of the southern border ranges in Queensland.
- Surely Carne can't be forgiven? on Public Trustee suspended
- The last few days ... on Beirut has its own Hiroshima
- samir sardana on Covid 19 sufferers – "Stop, Do Not Enter!"
- Avid Reader Book launch on Peace Crimes
- Farhad on What have we got to do?
- Marcie on Israel buys into Tour de France
- Extraction by deception on Busking for freedom at KP Prison
- Criteria for a real job on New Coal Mines in Australia
- Renewables jobs on New Coal Mines in Australia
- Taking Stock on New Coal Mines in Australia
WBT addresses the following questions:
1. Industrial question: The Master/servant relationship. The struggle for Worker Control.
2. Ownership question: Who owns the land or does the land own us? Rights to the city, right to country. The struggle of indigenous people for land rights and social justice in Australia.
3. Political question: This is the class struggle. Who owns the means of production? Who governs? How are democratic rights won and shared.
This is aboriginal land
Radical Times Historical ArchiveClick image to go to archive
Radio, podcasts & Blogs
Paradigm Shift - 4ZZZ fm 102.1, Fridays at Noon
Words are the Wind - Words from Struggle Street
Eva Bartlett In Gaza
4ZZZ News & Current affairs — 4zzz is on the land of the Turbul & Jagera people, never ceded
Save Leard State Forest — Archive of actions to stop mining in the Piliger
Rob Pyne - a far northern life — sharing stories of Rob's struggle inside the ALP and his move to independence.
Contains some excellent chapters about his stint in parliament.