Welcome people from all directions. Click to write
Letters to the Editor
WBT does not reveal our sources. We do not hold shares or interests in corporations.
Banner image is of the southern border ranges in Queensland.
- Michael McNally - State Secretary of NTEU on Police assault unionist standing up for refugee rights
- Shutting the gate to the US on Australia’s Mare Nostrum?
- NTEU Condemns Assault on NTEU Member at Peaceful Kangaroo Point Refugee Protest on Police assault unionist standing up for refugee rights
- Rally change-of-venue on Police assault unionist standing up for refugee rights
- Noel Preston's funeral on Vale Noel Preston
- Refugee Solidarity (Meanjin) on Police assault unionist standing up for refugee rights
- Police Spokesperson's Response on Police assault unionist standing up for refugee rights
- Failure of the Public Trustee on One Crowded Hour
- Meredith Burgmann -'cutting cane for the revolution' on One Crowded Hour
- ' ... good to have friends' on One Crowded Hour
WBT addresses the following questions:
1. Industrial question: The Master/servant relationship. The struggle for Worker Control.
2. Ownership question: Who owns the land or does the land own us? Rights to the city, right to country. The struggle of indigenous people for land rights and social justice in Australia.
3. Political question: This is the class struggle. Who owns the means of production? Who governs? How are democratic rights won and shared.
Radical Times Historical ArchiveClick image to go to archive
Radio, podcasts & Blogs
Paradigm Shift - 4ZZZ fm 102.1, Fridays at Noon
Words are the Wind - Words from Struggle Street
Eva Bartlett In Gaza
4ZZZ News & Current affairs — 4zzz is on the land of the Turbul & Jagera people, never ceded
Save Leard State Forest — Archive of actions to stop mining in the Piliger
Rob Pyne - a far northern life — sharing stories of Rob's struggle inside the ALP and his move to independence.
Contains some excellent chapters about his stint in parliament.
Daily Archives: March 8, 2015
This gallery contains 2 photos.
on this coming tuesday and wednesday of the following week there will be two events that highlight the burning need for public housing and the urgent need to save the housing estate at millers point. once again the nsw government … Continue reading
Global Pearls is an idea that was birthed during a very long and reflective drive out to Kenilworth on the Sunshine Coast one day after being so deeply inspired by my experience in India late last year
It’s aim over time is to discover a collective of community development initiatives around the world and provide a space for small scale projects to showcase the diverse creative talents and products made by its participants while raising awareness about the social and economic contribution it endeavours to have within its community. It realises the potential of social media and internet as a vehicle that permeates boundaries to create a global awareness and connectivity.
Lilani Upcycled Fabrics (LUF) and Global Pearls have pioneered a fairtrade relationship founded on trust, communication and above all patience. I am welcoming you to view and purchase if you so wish these incredible products I have just received across the seas. Made by the very talented and ever so humble Rashna and her innovative team of artisans in a small remote rural village in South India.
Each item is so delicately sewed, handmade, stitched and crocheted to create a unique piece full of love that will brighten any home and space. The beautiful part is that the products are made with recycled fabrics from Indian cottons and silks from the traditional dress and saris.
This purchase supports the employment and training of woman and men in Anandapuram. People of this region rely heavily on alternate forms of income as traditional ways of living sustainably off the land are being threatened by climate change and drought, a problem we contribute largely to in Australia.
In order for this process to be sustainable it requires good people like yourself to purchase or share this website with your family and friends.
Please contact me firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please Note: Postage is additional however if you on the Sunshine Coast delivery can be arranged for free 😉
Please join our community on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/globalpearls?ref=hl and Instagram: @globalpearls. If you are or know a small scale artistic or creative project that contributes directly and ethically to the livelihood of its participants or community. We would love to hear from you ❤
Blessing and thanks,
This gallery contains 1 photos.
Dr Nicki Laws from the Oakey Coal Action Alliance reported to me recently that there have been potentially thousands of coal mining and coal seam gas (CSG) test bore holes drilled across Queensland that are not required to be sealed, … Continue reading