Thursday 25 July, 2013
Talisman Sabre protestors in court this morning after a night in jail
The two peace pilgrims who entered Shoalwater Bay Military Training Area with an aim to disrupt the Talisman Saber military training exercise will appear in Rockhampton Magistrates Court this morning (Thursday July 25).
Greg Rolles (31 yrs, school teacher, Brisbane) and Graeme Dunstan (71 yrs, retired, grey nomad) were arrested yesterday following a 30 hour Peace Pilgrimage on the Training Area. They have both been charged with Trespass on Commonwealth Land. Mr Dunstan has also been charged with an offence relating to the taking of photographs in Shoalwater Bay.
The pair were held over night in police custody. Mr Dunstan has been refused police bail due to outstanding charges relating to his involvement in the 2011 Tiger Ploughshares – the disarmament of a military helicopter. (The trial for this matter is scheduled for 19th August in the Rockhampton District Court – http://www.peacebus.com/).
Photos of their time inside Shoalwater Bay are on the Pace Convergence website and include pictures of one of the pilgrims blockading a road and stopping a convoy of Humvees, a photo of one of them near roadsigns, and photos of them both praying at a shrine established by other protestors in 2011.
There are currently 28,000 Australian and US troops undertaking joint military training in Australia, with a focus on the Shoalwater Bay Military Training Area.
Mr Rolles and Mr Dunstan cite their opposition to the current wars that Australia has joined the US in as key reasons for their action. Their full statements is posted below.
For further media comment, contact 0431 519 577.
More Photos are available at www.peaceconvergence.wordpress.com
Welcome to Workers BushTelegraph people from all directions.
WBT does not reveal our sources.
Pandemic 1919 – 2020
- Political and corrupt police on Not all, fall down
- jand7758 on Not all, fall down
- Dutton’s ASIO bill goes Kafkaesque on Exile on Main Street
- Memo from jefferson lee on Letter from America – will Democrats dump sleepy Joe?
- samir sardana on Covid 19 sufferers – "Stop, Do Not Enter!"
- Welcome to this website
People from all directions.
We address the following questions:
1. Industrial question: The Master/servant relationship. The struggle for Worker Control.
2. Ownership question: Who owns the land? Rights to the city, right to country. The struggle of indigenous people for land rights and social justice in Australia.
3. Political question: This is the class struggle. Who owns the means of production? Who governs? How are democratic rights won and shared.
Joe Geia sings the 'Welcome Song'
This is aboriginal land
Radical Times Historical ArchiveClick image to go to archive
Radio, podcasts & Blogs
Paradigm Shift - 4ZZZ fm 102.1, Fridays at Noon
Words are the Wind - Words from Struggle Street
Eva Bartlett In Gaza
4ZZZ News & Current affairs — 4zzz is on the land of the Turbul & Jagera people, never ceded
Save Leard State Forest — Archive of actions to stop mining in the Piliger
Rob Pyne - a far northern life — sharing stories of Rob's struggle inside the ALP and his move to independence.
Contains some excellent chapters about his stint in parliament.