|Foco Nuevo Streaming on 7th August 8pm Australian Eastern Standard Time. |
To start, click HERE.
During these uncertain times we are continuing to stream Foco Nuevo via our Jumping Fences Facebook page and we are pleased to again feature contributions from international guest musicians. This month we bring you performances by Silvio Alejandro and Duo Jade from Cuba, and Raúl Gasca Toache (better known simply as Toache) from Mexico. We’ve been lucky to see Duo Jade’s impressive performances on different occasions in Havana and we are excited that they are able to join us online this month. Toache is a consumate musician and we’ve been discussing with him the possibility of a visit to Australia for some years now. At last we can welcome him to Foco Nuevo!
Silvio Alejandro is an exuberant singer/songwriter who has been running his own music venue in Havana, ‘Tres Tazas’, for the past 12 years. We are thrilled to share some of the music from these friends, we’re sure you will enjoy this special event. We hope you can join us! Register your attendance on the Facebook event page to receive notification when the stream starts.
Please note: You can still see our June Foco Nuevo on the Jumping Fences Youtube channel by clicking here.
Sue and Lachlan – Jumping Fences
Duo Jade at ‘Ella y Yo’ Festival, Havana, June, 2018.
Raúl Gasca Toache.
Silvio Alejandro at Parque Almendares, Havana, June, 2018.
|www.foconuevo.org.au | email@example.com|
Welcome people from all directions. Click to write
Letters to the Editor
WBT does not reveal our sources. We do not hold shares or interests in corporations.
We monitor this site for factual errors. If readers see errors please email the editor or place a correction in a comment box.
Banner image is of the southern border ranges in Queensland.
Please be aware this site contains images and voices of indigenous people now deceased.
- GetThemOut Campout on KP Prison – torture’s simple plan
- Thanks to Justice for Palestine (Brisbane) on Gaza Fights for Freedom
- WBT Wrap-up for 2020 on The future of Workers BushTelegraph?
- Howard’s War on Soldier, We Love You
- Correction on Yet ‘another stupid development’
- ‘Power and pain’: an Australian citizens’ encounter with the SAS on Big Boys’ Rules in Afghanistan
- WA Minister for Heritage, Arts and Culture on Qld universities in the red. Why?
- Anonymous on Yet ‘another stupid development’
- mahi patel on Not all, fall down
- Solidarity with Cuba and the Palestinian people!! on Stories from the revolution in Cuba and Palestine
WBT addresses the following questions:
1. Industrial question: The Master/servant relationship. The struggle for Worker Control.
2. Ownership question: Who owns the land or does the land own us? Rights to the city, right to country. The struggle of indigenous people for land rights and social justice in Australia.
3. Political question: This is the class struggle. Who owns the means of production? Who governs? How are democratic rights won and shared.
Radical Times ArchiveClick image to go to archive
Radio, podcasts & Blogs
Paradigm Shift - 4ZZZ fm 102.1, Fridays at Noon
Words are the Wind - Words from Struggle Street
Eva Bartlett In Gaza
4ZZZ News & Current affairs — 4zzz is on the land of the Turbul & Jagera people, never ceded
Save Leard State Forest — Archive of actions to stop mining in the Piliger
Rob Pyne - a far northern life — sharing stories of Rob's struggle inside the ALP and his move to independence.
Contains some excellent chapters about his stint in parliament.