You are invited to attend:
Lessons from Greece: Workers’ Liberty London Forum
Thursday, October 15, 2015 from 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Lucas Arms Pub, Grays Inn Road, WX1C8QY
0207 394 8923 // awl
The election of Jeremy Corbyn as Labour Leader has electrified working-class, socialist politics in Britain. A government of the left is now a serious possibility in the UK.
At the same time, the capitulation of Syriza in Greece shows the immense difficulties and complicated issues that such a government might encounter.
What challenges will an anti-austerity government face? How can socialists prepare to face up to them? How do we need to transform our movement so that we can make good on the promise of the Corbyn surge?
All are welcome to this Workers’ Liberty London Forum.
Speakers: Greek activist Dora Polenta
Martin Thomas (Workers’ Liberty)
Lucas Arms245A Gray’s Inn Road
London, Gt Lon WC1X 8QY
Attend Event Events powered by EventBrite
Welcome to Workers BushTelegraph people from all directions.
WBT does not reveal our sources.
- Welcome to this website
People from all directions.
We address the following questions:
1. Industrial question: The Master/servant relationship. The struggle for Worker Control.
2. Ownership question: Who owns the land? Rights to the city, right to country. The struggle of indigenous people for land rights and social justice in Australia.
3. Political question: This is the class struggle. Who owns the means of production? Who governs? How are democratic rights won and shared.
Joe Geia sings the 'Welcome Song'
This is aboriginal land
- Cinema del popolo
- 1900 by Bertolucci
- Dishonoured Lady by Edmund H. North
- I am not your negro
- Lox Pics
- Red Joan
- ‘The Great Flamarion’ adapted from ‘Big Shot’ by Vicki Baum
- Algiers by John Cromwell
- Battle of Algiers by Gillo Pontecorvo
- Cold War by Pawlikowski
- Days of Hope by Ken Loach
- Detour by Edgar G Ulmer
- Il Postino (The Postman) by Michael Radford
- Paisà (Paisan) by Roberto Rossellini
- Quicksand by Irving Pichel
- The Most Dangerous Man In America by Judith Ehrlich
- The Post by Steven Spielberg
- Tribute to the Schonell
- “The Passenger” by Michelangelo Antonioni
- What’s on
- “Vuelo Lan Chile” by Marcial Parada
- "Liberating Pine Gap" by Jim Dowling (ed.)
- Queensland: 100 hundred years of Labor
- The 1992 Left Directory
- The Australian Race: its origin, languages, customs, place of landing in Australia, the routes by which it spread itself over that continent
- The Wretched of the Earth
- Towards Peace – A workers Journey
- You say you want a revolution
- “Iraqi Icicle” by Bernie Dowling
- 22 October 1977
- Barefoot in the bank …
- Foco Nuevo
- Photos of Foco Nuevo
- Shutting down Adani
- The Long March
- The policeman who mistook his hat for a lie
- BushTelegraph Zine
- State of the World
- The Painted Piano Project
- Trifecta on Brunswick Street
- Yellow shirts’ march into the ‘valley of death’
- How we respond to defamatory posts – policy
- Workers BushTelegraph
- Defend the Right to Organise!
- Gary MacLennan
- Humphrey McQueen
- Inside the ACTU
- Paradigm Shift
- Save the Mary River
- Workers Political Organisation
- Dundalli’s Story
- Refugees and Migrants
- Middle East
- No War
- Student – Worker control at University of Queensland
Radical Times Historical ArchiveClick image to go to archive
Radio, podcasts & Blogs
Paradigm Shift - 4ZZZ fm 102.1, Fridays at Noon
Words are the Wind - Words from Struggle Street
Eva Bartlett In Gaza
4ZZZ News & Current affairs — 4zzz is on the land of the Turbul & Jagera people, never ceded
Save Leard State Forest — Archive of actions to stop mining in the Piliger
Bent Banana Books — Save the Book - discussion on where books are heading and finding books which are different.
Apple Corey — Contains some excellent interviews on Indigenous, union, women, Occupy issues.
Rob Pyne - a far northern life — sharing stories of Rob's struggle inside the ALP and his move to independence.
Contains some excellent chapters about his stint in parliament.