Don’t miss this important Public Meeting
Supporting the Palestinian BDS campaign and the Academic Boycott of Israel.
Featuring Associate Professor Jake Lynch, Director of Sydney University’s Centre for Peace and Conflict Studies (CPACS)
Associate Professor Halim Rane is one of Australia’s leading scholars in Islamic Studies. He has researched and written extensively on the Israel-Palestine conflict.
Thursday the 10th of April 6.30pm CEPU Building.
41 Peel St, (cnr Merivale St) South Brisbane, QLD
Stand with Jake Lynch
Associate Professor Jake Lynch, Director of Sydney University’s Centre for Peace and Conflict Studies (CPACS), has been taken to the Federal Court in a legal action brought by Shurat HaDin, the Israel Law Centre, alleging racial discrimination due to his support of the Palestinian call for an academic boycott of Israeli institutions which support the Occupation and dispossession of Palestinian people. These ‘lawfare’ attacks on supporters of the Palestinian Boycott Divestment Sanctions campaign are aimed to silence critics of the Israeli government’s violations of international law and human rights. They also aim to ‘bankrupt’ critics so please contribute to Jake Lynch’s fighting fund.
For more info http://australiansforbds.wordpress.com/
The meeting is part of Israeli Apartheid Week
Israeli Apartheid Week (IAW) seeks to raise awareness about Israel’s apartheid policies towards the Palestinians and to build support for the growing Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions (BDS) campaign. Reflecting the global grassroots rejection of Israel’s military and political aggression, IAW was held in more than 200 locations in 2012 and more than 150 cities in 2013. http://apartheidweek.org/call-out/
Jake Lynch will also be speaking at day time campus meetings at the University of Qld Thursday the 10th of April 2.30pm UQ Chamberlain
Building 35 Room 213 and at 12 30pm at the Queensland University of Technology (venue to be confirmed).
Articles related to the attacks on Jake Lynch.
8 February 2014, Sydney Morning Herald, by Ruth Pollard
– Israel fights back as boycott movement gains strength
2 December 2013, BRICUP, by Australians for BDS
– Update on Shurat HaDin lawfare attack on Professor Jake Lynch
26 November 2013, New Matilda, by Jake Lynch
– Taking Me To Court Won’t Stop BDS
20 November 2013, ABC Religion and Ethics, by Stuart Rees
– Truth, justice, peace: The moral and legal foundations of the BDS movement
18 November 2013, Transcend Media Service, by Jake Lynch
– Boycott Movement under Attack in Australia
7 November 2013, The Guardian, by Antony Loewenstein
– To support the boycott, divestment and sanctions movement is not antisemitic
6 November 2013, New Matilda, by Peter Slezak
– Is It Anti-Semitic To Protest Injustice?
31 October 2013, ABC Religion and Ethics, by Randa Abdel-Fattah
– Who’s afraid of BDS? Israel’s assault on academic freedom
28 October 2013, New Matilda, by Stuart Rees
– Two Thousand Defendants For Human Rights
24 October 2013, Electronic Intifada, By Asa Winstanley
– Israeli lawyers group Shurat HaDin unmasked as Mossad proxy
17 October 2013, Al Jazeera, by Samah Sabawi
– Israel and the erosion of democracy: an Australian story
25 June 2013, ABC The Drum, by Jake Lynch
– Coalition plans to punish those who boycott Israel