> An elderly Hazara woman died suddenly last week. She and her two daughters had been out of detention on bridging visas for only a few weeks. Within days the Hazara community organised and paid for the funeral and traditional ceremony. Today at Springvale in the cold biting wind, 140 members of the Hazara community came to pay their respects to a woman most had never met. They offered comfort to the two daughters showing that even though they were a long way from home and among strangers, that their mother was honored by a respectful send off from the community. >
> The dignity and generosity of this small community is an example to us all. No matter how poor or recently arrived the Hazaras look after their own. They show us the value of sharing customs and learning from others in the multicultural tradition which was so important to the fabric of Australia. >
> Pamela Curr
> Campaign Coordinator
> Asylum Seeker Resource Centre
> 12 Batman st West Melbourne 3003
> ph 03 9326 6066 / 0417517075
> “AUSTRALIA. Built by boatpeople.”
Welcome to Workers BushTelegraph people from all directions.
WBT does not reveal our sources.
- Open Letter to the Premier of NSW on Coal and Water
- Taxpayers subsidise Qld Public Trustee rorts on Public Trustee suspended
- Black Lives Matter (Brisbane) on Murder in Minneapolis
- Union Response on Murder in Minneapolis
- Liberal response to George Floyd's murder on Murder in Minneapolis
- What happened? on Murder in Minneapolis
- Playing music is a crime on Main Street on Exile on Main Street
- Protest for George Floyd on Murder in Minneapolis
- Political and corrupt police on Not all, fall down
- jand7758 on Not all, fall down
- Welcome to this website
People from all directions.
We address the following questions:
1. Industrial question: The Master/servant relationship. The struggle for Worker Control.
2. Ownership question: Who owns the land? Rights to the city, right to country. The struggle of indigenous people for land rights and social justice in Australia.
3. Political question: This is the class struggle. Who owns the means of production? Who governs? How are democratic rights won and shared.
Joe Geia sings the 'Welcome Song'
This is aboriginal land
Radical Times Historical ArchiveClick image to go to archive
Radio, podcasts & Blogs
Paradigm Shift - 4ZZZ fm 102.1, Fridays at Noon
Words are the Wind - Words from Struggle Street
Eva Bartlett In Gaza
4ZZZ News & Current affairs — 4zzz is on the land of the Turbul & Jagera people, never ceded
Save Leard State Forest — Archive of actions to stop mining in the Piliger
Rob Pyne - a far northern life — sharing stories of Rob's struggle inside the ALP and his move to independence.
Contains some excellent chapters about his stint in parliament.