*SUN. April 17th. 2pm-7pm *
“Free Bradley Manning! End the War!”
Giuseppe Conlon House 49 Mattison Rd. Harringay, London N4 1BG Landline 0208 348 8212 *A17 Organiser mobile Ciaron 079 392 90576
***PLEASE FORWARD TO ANYONE YOU THINK MAYBE INTERESED
RSVP asap if possible to give us an idea of numbers etc
Bradley’s in Quantico for Us!, We’re on the Loose for HIm!
*A17 POSTER Please download, print off, put up somewhere, promote …..
Sun. April 17″Free Bradley Manning! End the War” Gig at GCH, Harringay, London
*****FREE BRADLEY MANNING: END THE WAR! PUBLIC MEETING AND GIG!
2 p.m.-7 p.m. Sunday April 17th.
“Dispatches fom the Dark Side: Reflections on Torture and the Death of Justice”
* Also, anti-war artists and activists from countries entrenched in war on the people of Iraq and Afghanistan Speakers and performers U.S., Britain, Australia, Ireland, New Zealand and others
WHERE- Giuseppe Conlon Hall, 49 Mattison Rd. Harringey, London N4 1BG
– 1.30 p.m.Doors, enter the hall thorugh alley between church building and house. Snacks & “Bow Street Ramblers” – Old Time Appulacian Mountain Music and other spontaneous music.
– 3pm Public Meeting Speakers and Artists in the Venue of Giuseppe Conlon Centre, enter directly thorugh doors off the street.
– 5 pm Party/ Music Session with Bow Street Ramblers and others, social back in the Hall of Giuseppe Conlon Centre, enter through alley between building and house
…*BYO drinx and some food to share. (Off licenses & shops on nearby Green Lanes)
7pm Party’s over!
…go on to nearby pub.
by Ciaron O’Reilly, Giuseppe Conlon House
served 13 months in U.S. prisons B52 disarmament ’91
acquitted $U.S.2 1/2 million disarmament U.S. war plane in Ireland en route to invasion of Iraq ’03.
London solidarity organiser for Bradley Manniing & Julian Assange – facing lifetimes in jail
***OTHER SPEAKERS WILL INCLUDE
(see links for background and youtubes for speakers & musicians)
Ben Griffin, former SAS Iraq War combat veteran and refusenik
* Frank Cordaro – founder Des Moines Catholic Worker, Iowa, USA
Plowshares activist, has served 4 years jail time for B52 disarmament & resistance/organising at “Srategic Air Command” (SAC)/ STRATCOM in Omaha, Nebraska, U.S.A.
* Carmen Trotta has lived and worked 20+ years at New York Catholic Worker USA,
CW & War Resisters League writer and organiser. Also a key organiser of the solidarity scene around the 3 Pit Stop Poughshares trials in Dublin, “Witness Against Torture” walk through Cuba to Guanatanamo and annual nonviolent resistance at the U.S. Supreme Court on the anniversary of the opening of Gitmo. On 911 he saw the second tower of the NYC World Trade Centre drop from the top of the nearby WRL building.
Sings Elvis, Johnny Cash, Phil Ochs CW & WRL speaker and organsier
***OTHER MUSICIANS INCLUDE……
* Leeson O’Keefe
former Shane Mac Gowan’s “Popes”
now lead singer “Neck”
* Joe Black from Dublin
his original songs include “The Welcome”, “Giuseppe Conlon”
* Steve Jacobs – long time Columbia Catholic Worker, Missouri, resister and musician,
lived as a child in Guantanamo Bay, C.O.’d out of U.S. Navy, pscyhiatric nurse with U.S. military veterans 13 years, Columbia CW, Missouri CW 30 years
* Tottenham’s own living legend Razz
* John Mcclean
Kiwi blues artist
*** April 17 TRAVEL INFO:
Tube to Manor House or Turnpike Lane tube stations. Overground to Harringay. Buses along Green Lanes include 29 bendy bus from Trafalgar Square. Get off at Green Lanes Mattison Rd. stop. Giuseppe Conlon House is the large church building halfway up Mattison Rd.
*** FOR MORE INFORMATION about the April 17 event Phone 079 392 90576.
Email: ciaronx AT yahoo.com
*** DONATIONS to cover costs would be appreciated. Any surplus will go to Bradley Manning defence fund in the U.S.. Make cheques payable to “London Catholic Worker” Please write “Manning” on back of cheque and post to Bradley Manning Support, c/- Giuseppe Conlon House, 49 Mattison Rd. London N4 1BG
“The poor tell us who we are,
The prophets tell us who we could be,
So we hide the poor,
And kill the prophets.”