Ethnic Cleansing and Population Transfer (1948 – present)
In order to establish exclusive Jewish-Israeli control, Israel has carried out a policy of population transfer. By fostering Jewish immigration and settlements, and forcibly displacing indigenous Palestinians, Israel has changed the demographic composition of the country.
Today, 70% of Palestinians are refugees and internally displaced persons and approximately one half of the people are in exile abroad.
None of them are allowed to return.
Forcible transfer of Palestinians continues until today, mainly in the Southern District (Beersheba Region), the historical, coastal Palestinian towns (“mixed towns”) and in the occupied West Bank, in particular in the lsraeli-proclaimed “greater Jerusalem” the Jordan Valley and the southern Hebron District.
Forcible transfer of populations is a standalone crime under international law, and part of the crime of apartheid under the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court. It gives rise to individual liability and state responsibility.
Appropriation of Palestinian Land, Segregation of Populations and Space (Current Situation)
Until 1948, Palestinians owned and used at least 90°/o of the land. Since then, most of this land has been confiscated or seized by Israel. The map shows the status quo created by Israel since 1948 through expropriation, fragmentation and annexation of Palestinian land, forcible transfer, and racial segregation of populations and space.
Welcome people from all directions. Click to write
Letters to the Editor
WBT does not reveal our sources. We do not hold shares or interests in corporations.
Banner image is of the southern border ranges in Queensland.
- Michael Curley on Public Trustee suspended
- The Big Ride Day 5 on The Big Ride for Palestine – launch at Trades & Labour Council (TLC) Brisbane
- Protest outside extradition hearing on War on Journalism – Assange Extradition
- Anon on Public Trustee suspended
- Cleric and non-cleric on Catholic Church vs Jury System
- Frank on Catholic Church vs Jury System
- Surely Carne can't be forgiven? on Public Trustee suspended
- The last few days ... on Beirut has its own Hiroshima
- samir sardana on Covid 19 sufferers – "Stop, Do Not Enter!"
- Avid Reader Book launch on Peace Crimes
WBT addresses the following questions:
1. Industrial question: The Master/servant relationship. The struggle for Worker Control.
2. Ownership question: Who owns the land or does the land own us? Rights to the city, right to country. The struggle of indigenous people for land rights and social justice in Australia.
3. Political question: This is the class struggle. Who owns the means of production? Who governs? How are democratic rights won and shared.
This is aboriginal land
Radical Times Historical ArchiveClick image to go to archive
Radio, podcasts & Blogs
Paradigm Shift - 4ZZZ fm 102.1, Fridays at Noon
Words are the Wind - Words from Struggle Street
Eva Bartlett In Gaza
4ZZZ News & Current affairs — 4zzz is on the land of the Turbul & Jagera people, never ceded
Save Leard State Forest — Archive of actions to stop mining in the Piliger
Rob Pyne - a far northern life — sharing stories of Rob's struggle inside the ALP and his move to independence.
Contains some excellent chapters about his stint in parliament.