[Attachment(s) from Fay Waddington included below]
Just Peace has drawn up the attached petition in response to comments made by the Foreign Minister during a January 2014 official visit to Israel which questioned the illegality of Israeli settlements in the Occupied Palestinian Territories.
If you would be willing to help in collecting signatures on this petition that would be appreciated but there are a few rules which need to be observed if this is to work, which are.
• Signatures must be in original handwriting
• NO signatures on the BACK of a page.
• BLANK faxed or photocopied pages will not be counted.
To meet the above criteria you will need to print out a fresh page of the petition each time you fill up a page with 20 signatures. This means if you think you will collect more than 20 signatures then make several copies of the petition before you start collecting signatures. If you can’t collect 20 signatures just send what you have even if that is just one or two.
We will keep the petition open for collecting signatures for a few months at least so as hopefully to gather as many signatories as possible. You will note that a person who signs does not have to provide an address just a CLEARLY PRINTED NAME and a signature. They can include a Postcode but it is not essential.
Do NOT send pages with signatures to either Parliament or the Foreign Minister they need to come back to Just Peace. Just Peace will send them to the House of Representatives at the appropriate time. Whilst waiting for that time which is to be decided by Just Peace please store the page/s filled with signatures or post them to the address at the bottom of the petition which is:
Just Peace Qld Inc
P.O. Box 573
Please call principal petitioner Fay Waddington on 0402116055 or e-mail oddwadd2 if you have any questions and thank you in anticipation of your solidarity on this matter
Welcome people from all directions. Click to write
Letters to the Editor
WBT does not reveal our sources. We do not hold shares or interests in corporations.
We monitor this site for factual errors. If readers see errors please email the editor or place a correction in a comment box.
Banner image is of the southern border ranges in Queensland.
Please be aware this site contains images and voices of indigenous people now deceased.
- Pamela Curr on Minister pressured into releasing refugees
- Dominic Beauvoisin on The Curr Family in Far North Queensland 1862-1925
- How the Judge denied assange bail on No extradition for Assange
- A question of interpretation on Cycling and Public Health
- Letter to Minister for State Development, Infrastructure, Local Government and Planning on Cycling and Public Health
- Cycling under siege in Gaza on Cycling and Public Health
- Di Zetlin on Rally to save UQ Union Complex
- Priya De on Rally to save UQ Union Complex
- Father's letter to BBC on Israel’s Crucifixion of Mohammad Al Halabi
- More ... on Best Political Songs of 2020
WBT addresses the following questions:
1. Industrial question: The Master/servant relationship. The struggle for Worker Control.
2. Ownership question: Who owns the land or does the land own us? Rights to the city, right to country. The struggle of indigenous people for land rights and social justice in Australia.
3. Political question: This is the class struggle. Who owns the means of production? Who governs? How are democratic rights won and shared.
Radical Times ArchiveClick image to go to archive
Radio, podcasts & Blogs
Paradigm Shift - 4ZZZ fm 102.1, Fridays at Noon
Words are the Wind - Words from Struggle Street
Eva Bartlett In Gaza
4ZZZ News & Current affairs — 4zzz is on the land of the Turbul & Jagera people, never ceded
Save Leard State Forest — Archive of actions to stop mining in the Piliger
Rob Pyne - a far northern life — sharing stories of Rob's struggle inside the ALP and his move to independence.
Contains some excellent chapters about his stint in parliament.