Queensland Unions will be rallying outside the Brisbane office of Carlton United Breweries (CUB) in solidarity with maintenance workers at CUB’s main brewery in Melbourne who were terminated without notice and then offered a take-it-or-leave it non-union deal with an up to 65 per cent reduction in wages in entitlements.
WHAT: Rally in Solidarity with sacked Abbotsford Brewery Workers
WHEN: 4:30PM Thursday August 4
WHERE: Carlton United Brewery Brisbane Office
15 James Street, Fortitude Valley
Join us and help send a message that workers can’t be thrown out for the sake of corporate greed. RSVP on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/1091789664233251/
If you can’t make it to the rally there are other ways you can send a message. First spread the word. Also:
- Send a message to the company
- Sign the petition
- Boycott CUB products
See you there!
Queensland Council of Unions
© Queensland Council of Unions 2016 | Authorised by Ros McLennan, General Secretary Queensland Council of Unions
Queensland Council of Unions · Level 5 16 Peel Street, South Brisbane, QLD 4101, Australia
This email was sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. To stop receiving emails, click here.
You can also keep up with Queensland Unions on Twitter or Facebook.
WBT does not reveal our sources. WBT holds no shares or interests in corporations.
Letters to the Editor @ email@example.com
Joe Geia sings the ‘Welcome Song’
- Open Letter to the Premier of NSW on Coal and Water
- Taxpayers subsidise Qld Public Trustee rorts on Public Trustee suspended
- Black Lives Matter (Brisbane) on Murder in Minneapolis
- Union Response on Murder in Minneapolis
- Liberal response to George Floyd's murder on Murder in Minneapolis
- What happened? on Murder in Minneapolis
- Playing music is a crime on Main Street on Exile on Main Street
- Protest for George Floyd on Murder in Minneapolis
- Political and corrupt police on Not all, fall down
- jand7758 on Not all, fall down
WBT addresses the following questions:
1. Industrial question: The Master/servant relationship. The struggle for Worker Control.
2. Ownership question: Who owns the land or does the land own us? Rights to the city, right to country. The struggle of indigenous people for land rights and social justice in Australia.
3. Political question: This is the class struggle. Who owns the means of production? Who governs? How are democratic rights won and shared.
This is aboriginal land
Radical Times Historical ArchiveClick image to go to archive
Radio, podcasts & Blogs
Paradigm Shift - 4ZZZ fm 102.1, Fridays at Noon
Words are the Wind - Words from Struggle Street
Eva Bartlett In Gaza
4ZZZ News & Current affairs — 4zzz is on the land of the Turbul & Jagera people, never ceded
Save Leard State Forest — Archive of actions to stop mining in the Piliger
Rob Pyne - a far northern life — sharing stories of Rob's struggle inside the ALP and his move to independence.
Contains some excellent chapters about his stint in parliament.