Queensland Unions will be rallying outside the Brisbane office of Carlton United Breweries (CUB) in solidarity with maintenance workers at CUB’s main brewery in Melbourne who were terminated without notice and then offered a take-it-or-leave it non-union deal with an up to 65 per cent reduction in wages in entitlements.
WHAT: Rally in Solidarity with sacked Abbotsford Brewery Workers
WHEN: 4:30PM Thursday August 4
WHERE: Carlton United Brewery Brisbane Office
15 James Street, Fortitude Valley
Join us and help send a message that workers can’t be thrown out for the sake of corporate greed. RSVP on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/1091789664233251/
If you can’t make it to the rally there are other ways you can send a message. First spread the word. Also:
- Send a message to the company
- Sign the petition
- Boycott CUB products
See you there!
Queensland Council of Unions
© Queensland Council of Unions 2016 | Authorised by Ros McLennan, General Secretary Queensland Council of Unions
Queensland Council of Unions · Level 5 16 Peel Street, South Brisbane, QLD 4101, Australia
This email was sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. To stop receiving emails, click here.
You can also keep up with Queensland Unions on Twitter or Facebook.
Welcome people from all directions. Click to write
Letters to the Editor
WBT does not reveal our sources. We do not hold shares or interests in corporations.
We monitor this site for factual errors. If readers see errors please email the editor or place a correction in a comment box.
Banner image is of the southern border ranges in Queensland.
Please be aware this site contains images and voices of indigenous people now deceased.
- Invasion Day Meanjin 2021 on Not the Queen’s Land
- Pamela Curr on Minister pressured into releasing refugees
- Dominic Beauvoisin on The Curr Family in Far North Queensland 1862-1925
- How the Judge denied assange bail on No extradition for Assange
- A question of interpretation on Cycling and Public Health
- Letter to Minister for State Development, Infrastructure, Local Government and Planning on Cycling and Public Health
- Cycling under siege in Gaza on Cycling and Public Health
- Di Zetlin on Rally to save UQ Union Complex
- Priya De on Rally to save UQ Union Complex
- Father's letter to BBC on Israel’s Crucifixion of Mohammad Al Halabi
WBT addresses the following questions:
1. Industrial question: The Master/servant relationship. The struggle for Worker Control.
2. Ownership question: Who owns the land or does the land own us? Rights to the city, right to country. The struggle of indigenous people for land rights and social justice in Australia.
3. Political question: This is the class struggle. Who owns the means of production? Who governs? How are democratic rights won and shared.
Radical Times ArchiveClick image to go to archive
Radio, podcasts & Blogs
Paradigm Shift - 4ZZZ fm 102.1, Fridays at Noon
Words are the Wind - Words from Struggle Street
Eva Bartlett In Gaza
4ZZZ News & Current affairs — 4zzz is on the land of the Turbul & Jagera people, never ceded
Save Leard State Forest — Archive of actions to stop mining in the Piliger
Rob Pyne - a far northern life — sharing stories of Rob's struggle inside the ALP and his move to independence.
Contains some excellent chapters about his stint in parliament.