Paradigm Shift [4zzz fm 102.1 friday 6 Nov 2015] this week features Andy interviewing Matthew Maury from TEAR about the United Nations switch from the Millennium Development Goals to the new Sustainable Development Goals – what are the differences and how do these goals actually help us to create a better world?
Australian Foreign Minister, Julie Bishop, signed up to these development goals at the UN last month.
The millennium development goals were started up in the year 2000. The aims were:
- To eradicate extreme poverty and hunger
- To achieve universal primary education
- To promote gender equality
- To reduce child mortality
- To improve maternal health
- To combat HIV, aids, malaria and other diseases
- To ensure environmental sustainability
- To get the other a global partnership for development
These goals were set to expire in 2015. So the 193 countries that were signatories set goals for the next 15 years to 2030…
View original post 245 more words