This article from The Australian (8 May 2015) confirms the failure of Tim Carmody in the role of Chief Justice. That he would meet Hetty Johnson in his chambers was stupid, judges are paid to be impartial, not to entertain opportunists in their office. Arrogant politicial oncers, Campbell-Newman and Jarrod Bleijie, promoted Carmody over the heads of half the legal profession in Queensland. And what of his main critique, Judge McMurdo? Is she any better? What of the poor workers inside the justice department who work under their management and those outside who crave justice? They don’t need Tim Carmody to tell them that the courts are like Dickens’ Bleak House. Continue reading
Welcome people from all directions. Click to write
Letters to the Editor
WBT does not reveal our sources. We do not hold shares or interests in corporations.
Banner image is of the southern border ranges in Queensland.
- samir sardana on Covid 19 sufferers – "Stop, Do Not Enter!"
- Avid Reader Book launch on Peace Crimes
- Farhad on What have we got to do?
- Marcie on Israel buys into Tour de France
- Extraction by deception on Busking for freedom at KP Prison
- Criteria for a real job on New Coal Mines in Australia
- Renewables jobs on New Coal Mines in Australia
- Taking Stock on New Coal Mines in Australia
- Wind Farm on New Coal Mines in Australia
- Looking forward on New Coal Mines in Australia
WBT addresses the following questions:
1. Industrial question: The Master/servant relationship. The struggle for Worker Control.
2. Ownership question: Who owns the land or does the land own us? Rights to the city, right to country. The struggle of indigenous people for land rights and social justice in Australia.
3. Political question: This is the class struggle. Who owns the means of production? Who governs? How are democratic rights won and shared.
This is aboriginal land
Radical Times Historical ArchiveClick image to go to archive
Radio, podcasts & Blogs
Paradigm Shift - 4ZZZ fm 102.1, Fridays at Noon
Words are the Wind - Words from Struggle Street
Eva Bartlett In Gaza
4ZZZ News & Current affairs — 4zzz is on the land of the Turbul & Jagera people, never ceded
Save Leard State Forest — Archive of actions to stop mining in the Piliger
Rob Pyne - a far northern life — sharing stories of Rob's struggle inside the ALP and his move to independence.
Contains some excellent chapters about his stint in parliament.