Talisman Sabre 2011 Exercises
Coming to you – July 2011
Protest the Exercises
Protest the Australian Involvement in OZ/US Wars of Aggression
Coordinated protests will be held in the Rockhampton region and throughout Australia in July 2011
From July 18 – July 29, 2011 Australia will host some of the world’s largest military exercises – Talisman Sabre 2011. Involving up to 30,000 U.S. and Australian personnel, Talisman Sabre will take place in Central Queensland at Rockhampton and Shoalwater Bay, in the Coral, Arafura and Timor Seas, along the Queensland Coast, in the NT. The U.S. and Australian military will also use support facilities, including civilian facilities such as airports and ports in Brisbane, northern Queensland, NSW and NT.
Join us in opposing these war games!
Come to Rocky or organise an action in your own region!
The exercises will be in three phases, including preparation and maneuvering, simulated warfare and live firing. According to the Public Environment Report the exercise itself will begin on the 18th July 2011 and continue for 2 weeks. Maneuvering and live firing elements associated with TS11 will be conducted over a two week period from 18 (MON)-29 July (FRI) 2011, including a period for the consolidation and preparation of troops prior to more intensive periods of training. [Environment Report]
Three Phases of Action
1. Actions during the lead up time are also strategically effective for interrupting and hindering the exercises. It is in this period that equipment and personnel are moved through Australia, through the centre of Rockhampton, through the airports, up the Bruce Highway to the exercise area.
2. A weekend of focussed, collective protest actions are proposed to be held during the actual exercises: 15-19th July 2011 (anywhere in Australia or even overseas!)
3. Further smaller group actions may be conducted associated with the period in which there is live fire and the landing of troops with simulated invasion.
Visit www.peaceconvergence.com to check out
– the guiding philosophy of the actions
– the goals and objectives of the direct action campaign
– a campaign timeline
– a campaign map with ideas for strategic targets throughout Australia
– some background issues
– the organising structure
Join our e list to get updates or to help with organising! Organising meetings are held periodically via phone hook up/skype in the lead up.
Find out how to get involved here:
To register your interest or find out more contact us on: 0411 118 7 37
or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
stop the exercises – close the bases – end the wars