We got Obama and we got Rudd…and we still have up to 30,000 US and Australian troops coming to practice bombing, landing and raiding at Shoalwater Bay (Central Qld) and in the NT for this year’s Aus-US Military Exercise – Operation Talisman Sabre.
The Peace Convergence is calling for peace action to take place throughout the war games (6-26 July 2009) and in various locations in the Shoalwater region.
A main Convergence weekend is planned for the first weekend of the war games with a dedicated camping site already booked in Rockhampton.
Other activities include: Committed To Change Festival July 3-5 at Byfield <http://www.committed2change.org/>, Peace House, support NAIDOC DAY in Rockhampton on July 10, Public Meeting July 10 in Rockhampton…plus more.
Click here for a run down of the program so far: http://www.peaceconvergence.com/calendar
Here are some contacts for organising in a town near you!
Welcome people from all directions. Click to write
Letters to the Editor
WBT does not reveal our sources. We do not hold shares or interests in corporations.
We monitor this site for factual errors. If readers see errors please email the editor or place a correction in a comment box.
Banner image is of the southern border ranges in Queensland.
Please be aware this site contains images and voices of indigenous people now deceased.
- GetThemOut Campout on KP Prison – torture’s simple plan
- Thanks to Justice for Palestine (Brisbane) on Gaza Fights for Freedom
- WBT Wrap-up for 2020 on The future of Workers BushTelegraph?
- Howard’s War on Soldier, We Love You
- Correction on Yet ‘another stupid development’
- ‘Power and pain’: an Australian citizens’ encounter with the SAS on Big Boys’ Rules in Afghanistan
- WA Minister for Heritage, Arts and Culture on Qld universities in the red. Why?
- Anonymous on Yet ‘another stupid development’
- mahi patel on Not all, fall down
- Solidarity with Cuba and the Palestinian people!! on Stories from the revolution in Cuba and Palestine
WBT addresses the following questions:
1. Industrial question: The Master/servant relationship. The struggle for Worker Control.
2. Ownership question: Who owns the land or does the land own us? Rights to the city, right to country. The struggle of indigenous people for land rights and social justice in Australia.
3. Political question: This is the class struggle. Who owns the means of production? Who governs? How are democratic rights won and shared.
Radical Times ArchiveClick image to go to archive
Radio, podcasts & Blogs
Paradigm Shift - 4ZZZ fm 102.1, Fridays at Noon
Words are the Wind - Words from Struggle Street
Eva Bartlett In Gaza
4ZZZ News & Current affairs — 4zzz is on the land of the Turbul & Jagera people, never ceded
Save Leard State Forest — Archive of actions to stop mining in the Piliger
Rob Pyne - a far northern life — sharing stories of Rob's struggle inside the ALP and his move to independence.
Contains some excellent chapters about his stint in parliament.