| Feb 6: After winning the yellow jersey in the first stage of the 2020 Herald Sun Tour, being held in regional Victoria, Cuban cyclist Arlenis Sierra, riding with the Astana team has finished third overall in the race. |
This comes on the back of winning Cadel’s Race in 2019 and coming second this year in the same race.
After winning the first stage of the Herald Sun Tour, Arlenis, speaking through an interpreter said “I’m very happy for this victory. I had a lot of support from the team and I know the strongest team was Mitchelton-Scott because they are four strong girls. But with a united team we can do good things, I think.” “Well, tomorrow is a very hard stage,” she said via the interpreter. “But we have the leader jersey so we try to defend. We will work as a team and see what happens because it’s a very long climb. “We will see how the legs will respond too.”
Welcome people from all directions. Click to write
Letters to the Editor
WBT does not reveal our sources. We do not hold shares or interests in corporations.
Banner image is of the southern border ranges in Queensland.
- Anonymous on Working with Refugee/Asylum Seeker Children and Families Forum – MELBOURNE
- Michael Curley on Public Trustee suspended
- The Big Ride Day 5 on The Big Ride for Palestine – launch at Trades & Labour Council (TLC) Brisbane
- Protest outside extradition hearing on War on Journalism – Assange Extradition
- Anon on Public Trustee suspended
- Cleric and non-cleric on Catholic Church vs Jury System
- Frank on Catholic Church vs Jury System
- Surely Carne can't be forgiven? on Public Trustee suspended
- The last few days ... on Beirut has its own Hiroshima
- samir sardana on Covid 19 sufferers – "Stop, Do Not Enter!"
WBT addresses the following questions:
1. Industrial question: The Master/servant relationship. The struggle for Worker Control.
2. Ownership question: Who owns the land or does the land own us? Rights to the city, right to country. The struggle of indigenous people for land rights and social justice in Australia.
3. Political question: This is the class struggle. Who owns the means of production? Who governs? How are democratic rights won and shared.
This is aboriginal land
Radical Times Historical ArchiveClick image to go to archive
Radio, podcasts & Blogs
Paradigm Shift - 4ZZZ fm 102.1, Fridays at Noon
Words are the Wind - Words from Struggle Street
Eva Bartlett In Gaza
4ZZZ News & Current affairs — 4zzz is on the land of the Turbul & Jagera people, never ceded
Save Leard State Forest — Archive of actions to stop mining in the Piliger
Rob Pyne - a far northern life — sharing stories of Rob's struggle inside the ALP and his move to independence.
Contains some excellent chapters about his stint in parliament.