CLEANING UP AFTER THE MINERS: Are you OK with footing the bill? THURSDAY 18 AUGUST, BRISBANE Texas Silver mine. Queensland Nickel. And now possibly even Rio Tinto’s Blair Athol.
How do we make sure mining companies pay to properly rehabilitate mine sites and avoid environmental harm, in accordance with their environmental obligations; and don’t leave you as a taxpayer to foot the bill?
Join EDO Qld and a range of speakers as we explore how the environmental legacies of mines are currently regulated, the impacts this is having on Queensland, and the new Chain of Responsibility Act.
6PM THURSDAY 18 AUGUST
CLIFTONS, 288 EDWARD ST, BRISBANE
CLICK HERE TO RSVP
Tim Buckley, Director of Energy Finance Studies (Australasia), Institute for Energy Economics and Financial Analysis
Rick Humphries, Mine Rehabilitation Reform Campaign Coordinator, Lock the Gate
Dr Peter Erskine, Senior Research Fellow, Centre for Mined Land Rehabilitation, Sustainable Minerals Institute, UQ
This is free event, but places are strictly limited. RSVP to secure your seat.
You’re receiving this email because we thought you might be interested. If we are wrong, please unsubscribe below. 30 Hardgrave Rd,
West End QLD 4101
-=-=-Environmental Defenders Office Queensland · Australia
This email was sent to email@example.com. To stop receiving emails, click here.
You can also keep up with EDO Qld on Twitter or Facebook.
Created with NationBuilder, software for leaders.
WBT does not reveal our sources. WBT holds no shares or interests in corporations.
Letters to the Editor @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Joe Geia sings the ‘Welcome Song’
- Open Letter to the Premier of NSW on Coal and Water
- Taxpayers subsidise Qld Public Trustee rorts on Public Trustee suspended
- Black Lives Matter (Brisbane) on Murder in Minneapolis
- Union Response on Murder in Minneapolis
- Liberal response to George Floyd's murder on Murder in Minneapolis
- What happened? on Murder in Minneapolis
- Playing music is a crime on Main Street on Exile on Main Street
- Protest for George Floyd on Murder in Minneapolis
- Political and corrupt police on Not all, fall down
- jand7758 on Not all, fall down
WBT addresses the following questions:
1. Industrial question: The Master/servant relationship. The struggle for Worker Control.
2. Ownership question: Who owns the land or does the land own us? Rights to the city, right to country. The struggle of indigenous people for land rights and social justice in Australia.
3. Political question: This is the class struggle. Who owns the means of production? Who governs? How are democratic rights won and shared.
This is aboriginal land
Radical Times Historical ArchiveClick image to go to archive
Radio, podcasts & Blogs
Paradigm Shift - 4ZZZ fm 102.1, Fridays at Noon
Words are the Wind - Words from Struggle Street
Eva Bartlett In Gaza
4ZZZ News & Current affairs — 4zzz is on the land of the Turbul & Jagera people, never ceded
Save Leard State Forest — Archive of actions to stop mining in the Piliger
Rob Pyne - a far northern life — sharing stories of Rob's struggle inside the ALP and his move to independence.
Contains some excellent chapters about his stint in parliament.