Editor’s Note: Over night (15 May 2011) there have been dramatic reports of an uprising by Palestinians from within and from the borders of Palestine.
One of the most dramatic was the Palestinian march from Syria breaking through the Golan Heights fence into Palestine (shown below). Equally dramatic were marches from Lebanon, Egypt, and Jordan. People turned out in their thousands to break the apartheid wall created by Israel. Within Palestine there were demonstrations in Al Quds (East Jerusalem) and Ramallah. Palestinian flags flew in Tel Aviv for the first time since 1948.
The Palestinian people are making meaningless borders made by Israel and its allies in the United States and accepted for over 60 years by the United Nations.
There are no borders, Palestine is Palestine. Israel’s troops have sentenced Palestinians to hope.
Below is a brief roundup of these dramatic events.
Thousands of Palestinians are demanding the right of return from the Ayn al-Shams in Majdal Residents of the Golan welcome them.
Popular march to Palestine. The part of the Arab campaign for the Liberation of Palestine … in conjunction with the Global Campaign III
May 14, 2011 – IraqiBeacon (translated from the Arabic)
The Egyptian revolution is not complete until the liberation of Jerusalem —
“Liberation of Jerusalem starts with Cairo” was the motto that the Egyptians since the demonstrations in support of the second intifada at the beginning of the millennium, which increased after the political and social unrest, until the revolution in Egypt recently.
Now that the regime in Egypt has begun to crumble and fall, so too the Zionist entity’s most important ally. Israel seeks to neutralize the forces of the Libyan Egyptian struggle against Zionism, despite the clarity of public awareness that the struggle against the regime is a struggle against Zionism and colonialism.
Cairo – Organising in Tahrir Square
So let us march on the anniversary of the Nakba graduated from Tahrir Square and the provinces to Palestine in order to:
1. Emphasis on the right of return for all refugees and displaced Palestinians.
2. Demand to open the Rafah crossing in front of the entire people and cargo.
3. Demand to stop the export of Egyptian natural gas (in a final, regardless of price) to the Zionist entity, and the abolition of all agreements, humiliating, and cut off all trade relations, political and cultural him.
4. Demanding the release of all Palestinian detainees in Egyptian prisons.
In the context of the struggle to achieve the primary goal: the liberation of all occupied territory, and an end to the Zionist project in the region.
According to sources in the field for “NOW Lebanon” that “after warnings repeated by the Lebanese army to the citizens of Palestinians to stay away from the barbed wire of the alignment of Maroun al-Ras, and after they refused and kept throwing stones at the Israeli side, the intervention of the Lebanese army, and arrivedat the alignment of the tape, where he began began shooting in the air to disperse the Palestinians, asking them to return to their places of residence, for their own safety, “pointing to” the fall of the 4 dead and 30 wounded. “—Now Lebanon
That lousy Lebanese Army: Wlah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This failure of an army–perhaps one of the most failed attempt of armies–shot today at demonstrators against Israeli at the Lebanese border after Israeli occupation war criminals killed and injured protesters. — Angry Arab
Tahrir Square, Cairo
- Rally in Tahrir Square at the ninth on the morning of Saturday, May 14, 2011
- Move to the Rafah crossing in buses at 12 noonStop at Suez for the docking of solidarity with the convoy, which starts from there on the same dayEntering the Gaza Strip and overnight on the night of the anniversary of the Nakba field of the Unknown Soldier
- Participate in the marches of the Nakba in the Gaza Strip on May 15
- Return to Cairo on the evening of Sunday, May 15
- While held a sit in front of the house of the Zionist ambassador in Cairo, Maadi, and on the Zionist embassy in Giza, and the Zionist Consulate in Alexandria, beginning of march and moved an hour until her return.
- Wait for all the revolutionaries of Egyptians to join us
- Free, Cairo University – Free, Ain Shams University – National Front for Justice and Democracy – Ansar al-Palestinian revolution – Cairo University – Youth Movement for Justice and Freedom – Kefaya – We are all resistance movement – A resistance movement – Helwan University – Al-Karama – Ultras group vested – Group Ultras Bra – A group of activists for Palestine – Independent – Palestinian Women’s Organization
Syria – Golan Heights PressTV – ‘Israel tanks heading towards Lebanon’ - Dozens of Israeli tanks are reportedly heading towards Lebanon’s border with Israel.
Palestinians killed in ‘Nakba’ clashes – Middle East – Al Jazeera English.Ramallah and Gaza City
Thousands gather to mark ‘Nakba Day’
Mass rallies expected in Ramallah and Gaza City as Palestinians commemorate 63rd anniversary of their “Catastrophe”.
Sources: Iraqi Beacon, Revolutionary Socialists Cairo 14 May 2011, Press TV, Al Jazeera, BBC Radio 4. Posters by Jamaa al-Yad.